Tuesday 2 April 2013

2 Days Later... Easter Eggs #7 - #13


It's probably not highlighted, it's just that color!

I bet you've been eagerly anticipating the destruction of this blog, my trusty 73 pageviewers, but I regret to inform you that this post isn't about nuking my blog (although I do love Fallout)... No, for it is about Easter Eggs (Easter Bunny got stuck in traffic)! The Videogame Kind! So let's resume...

#7
If you have played any of the previous Gears of War videogames, you may have heard of the Carmine brothers, Anthony Carmine, Benjamin Carmine and Clayton Carmine (Gears of War, teaching you the ABC's since 2006). These three were the notorious brothers, the first two of which died in previous Gears of War titles. In Gears of War: Judgement you may have noticed a sign advertising 'Carmine Family Life Insurance' (ironic, isn't it) at the beginning of Halvo Bay Military Academy - Section 1: Enfield Bridge.

#8
Who has listened to the Spice Girls (Of course you have, FABOLUS (I know I spelled that wrong (I know I have put brackets in brackets))), and have you played Ni No Kuni, well I hope you have, because if you go to Al-Mamoon in the game, you will find the Sheikh of Spice who proclaims "People of the world - come, spice up your life!". I reckon this is a reference to the Spice Girls song of a similar title! I know it's not referencing another videogame, but CALM YO' TITS! It don' matter!

#9
In Black Ops II (yes, last year game, CALM YO' MOFOIN TITS), if you have the map Nuketown Zombies and are a fairly average player, you shouldn't have much trouble accomplishing this. It isn't much of an Easter Egg, but I've seen countless gameplay videos (Mr. The Syndicate Project, I'm talking to you) in which people miss it, and it results in my constant screaming at the screen (I need anger management, jokes jokes... or is it... I know where you live). So, I'm just gonna explain it, once you reach Round 25 on the map Nuketown Zombies, the eyes of your undead foes will turn blue as opposed to their usual shade of yellow/orange. This indicates that Richtofen has switched bodies with Samantha, as is done in one of the main Easter Eggs in Moon. Through the rounds prior to this, you hear Richtofen completing this.

#10
Who loves Marvel, even I, BATMAN, loves, loved, and will love (Bioshock reference) Marvel. So I found it quite funny to know that in Dead Space 3, if you view the weapons which you can build from blueprints, you will find a weapon named "Mjolnir", which is a reference to Thor (OBV.). In case you don't know, that's his hammers name (that's not weird, Lara Croft's boobs have names), and here is the in game description of the weapon... "A weapon born of Valhalla: an advanced Chain Lightning Gun and Hydraulic Hammer." Lightning, hammer, if this isn't an Easter Egg I will suck shit through a sweaty sock.


#11 - The Happy Ecstasy Mushroom (Normal-ness not included)
I'm sorry, but this one deserved a name... A SMILEY MUSHROOM WHICH MAKES YOU SEEM LIKE YOUR IN A WORLD FULL OF HIPPIES! Once in Mission 3: The Root of All Evil, just walk to the left of the dam waterfall (that damn waterfall) and you will come across a mushroom... with a smiley face drawn on it... Just take it, you know you want to, and experience the crazy results!
Here's a video! WARNING: SHITLOADS OF BRIGHT COLORS!

#12
I know this meme has been fucked to death but so what, there's always room for more (unless yo' in my strip  club, it's full bitches). Another classic "Arrow in the knee" meme, this time from Survival Instinct. MILD SPOILERS! Once you get the crossbow near the end of the game, you can "Shoot a Walker in the Knee with a Bolt", which gains you the Achievement/Trophy "I Used to Be a Human Like You". Not even going to say what that references 'cause it was screwed with all over the internet and c'mon, you have to have played Skyrim. Here's a video!


#13
I'm just going to explain the barebones of this because it involves a lot. Basically, since the Wii U is a Nintendo console, the videogame LEGO City: Undercover involves numerous references and Easter Egg-ish things. Here is a small list... A Bob-omb, Bullet Bill, Warp Pipe, ? Block and Star can all be found in game, and I'm very sorry but it's late and I'm tired and Timmy needs spanking (Joke) so find a video on YouTube and fuck off and leave me be!

And that's you're two days late completion of a shit set of cheap (free) Easter Eggs which probably are of no value to you whatsoever. You're welcome!

Stay tuned tomorrow! :P


No comments:

.publish-info{ display: none !important; }