Tuesday 14 May 2013

George Lucas Turns 69

One of the leading Geek Legends hits 69

As you may have heard (although I hadn't and I have a fantastic social life) George Lucas, a leading LEGEND in film making, science fiction and geekiness, has reached the big Six Nine. George Lucas, what a man I must say... Star Wars, Indiana Jones, The Land Before Time... All George Lucas, these movie are EPIC! Out of curiosity, me wanting to write an article on him, I did a little research... Now I'm not going to give you his life story (seriously, it takes a few button presses and your at Wikipedia you lazy bastards), but I'll give you some shit about his movies and Disney's recent purchase of his company Lucasfilm.
             So, Lucas decided in January 2012 that he was going to retire from producing large scale blockbuster phenomenons that forever changed the face of the world (that just isn't something a person quits) , and he decided to focus on smaller, independently funded films. He wasn't brilliant at the large scale things, I'm better, I'm sure you all saw my paired talking exercise in English class, it has potential. So, he announced the shocking news, and in June 2012 it was that producer Kathleen Kennedy who previously collaborated with Spielberg, and had been a producer of the Indiana Jones titles, was becoming co-chair of Lucasfilm Ltd. It was reported that Lucas would remain co-chair alongside her for at least a year, at which point she would become sole leader. Bitch better not disappoint...
             We still don't know whether Lucas will assist with the fifth Indiana Jones title but, let's hope the bitch doesn't mess it up. The Walt Disney Company purchased Lucasfilm officially on December 21st 2012, and payed $4.05 billion in cash and other stuff, for the company... Impressive...
             Then they close LucasArts and I'm like, bitch, the Force has left you, just go fuck yourselves, no more Monkey Island, give me a grenade and a snickers (GET SOME NUTS) and I will avenge LucasArts.
And that is the Lucasfilm story...
             So let's sing... *Singing* Happy Birthday To You! Happy Birthday To You! Happy Birthday Dear George (we're on a first name basis, you jealous?), Happy Birthday To You!
             No, but I seriously wish Mr. Lucas the best of luck for the future, and hope to god that the Force is with him. 
             Stay tuned #Browns, for more!

No comments:

.publish-info{ display: none !important; }