Thursday 28 March 2013

Tomb Raider - Movie Reboot


Hopefully you've heard of, played, or experience the sheer awesomeness of the new Tomb Raider reboot series, which in my opinion wipes out all others. Honestly it's amazing, the graphics, the gameplay mechanics, the boobs. The only thing I could fault the game on is the fact that you can fall about 50 feet and stand up without any broken bones, which is something only I can do... Now I'm not going to spoil anything before you've had a chance to look at the boobs yourself, but I can tell you that MGM has acquired the rights to make a new Tomb Raider Reboot Movie, and are teaming up with GK Films.


The movie is to be produced by GK Films founder Graham King (that's some creative company naming right there), and development has already begun. However, casting has yet to be announced, which leaves us with only one question... How much boob will the lead role have? If you thought my question was going to be, will Angelina Jolie be in it, then you were hugely wrong, because I think we have all guessed that that ain't happening... They've changed Lara's character in a way that Angelina Jolie just doesn't suit, but I prefer the new character. I didn't think Angelina Jolie suited the role before, because frankly, she is far too serious, even for a role in which you almost die about twenty thousand and one times...


I probably shouldn't have started this post up with a picture of the videogame because now, everyone's going to think it's based on the game. My guess is that it will be, and I hope it will be, because that in my opinion is the best Tomb Raider game to date, but we can't rule out that the company will make a grab for money by inventing a brand new story full of unrealistic shit like the new Oz movie, roll it out to the unknowing general public, and then shit out a videogame version that makes me want to kill myself.


But the game will probably be the basis for this new title, considering it's success, and then suddenly MGM purchase movie rights? Doesn't sound like much of a coincidence does it? But I'm just hoping they don't take  a massive shit all over it.


Stay tuned for a release date which probably won't be announced for another 6 months, and then when it is announced, it will probably be released in another 2 years but, you can't rush shitting, the PS3 taught us that (6 years and that's all they gave us!).

No comments:

.publish-info{ display: none !important; }